My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado, United States

Saturday, May 27, 2006

It Knows Where You've Been

Have you seen the commercial on TV where your car sends you an E-mail to let you know it needs attention?

I wonder what your car is doing when it's not e-mailing you. Perhaps it's surfing the web. What if it's in a chat room telling every one where it went today. Or checking out some X rated web site. Who's monitoring your cars on-line activities?

ONSTAR

ONSTAR monitors your vehicle. It can tell where you are, where you're going and where you've been. It knows when your airbags have been deployed and can even call 911 for you. How does it do all of this? It uses satellite signals. Very high tech. Satellite signals that can be monitored.

What if Homeland Security decided to monitor ONSTAR? Wow! They could track the bad guys. They could tell where they are, where they're going, where they've been and when their getaway car needs service.

4 Comments:

Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

As usual your point of view cracks me up (no thong comments needed), but if I think about your point of view too long it sometimes scares me! What is your point of view thinking about when it's not posting on your blog.....

9:39 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

I have so many thoughts running through my mind it scares me. I always wonder "why"

10:16 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Alrighty then! THIS is how it's gonna be. Somehow I knew it.

xoxoxo

11:24 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Dad, believe it or not, I actually think you are SO right. If all cars were on this satellite, it would be pretty easy to catch criminals. And people who shouldn't be driving - you know, when the satellite picks up on the fact that a car has been parked outside a bar for six hours. It is a little creepy to think about being tracked though...

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home