My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado, United States

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Still in Training

I was in Wal-Mart the other day and while I was waiting for the wife to finish her shopping I stepped into the local McDonald's. In there I was attracted to a table with 4 older gentlemen. They were sipping coffee and discussing the state of the world. Or traffic conditions around Grand Junction. Or who had the latest surgery and for what. As I listened it began to dawn on me that I had a long way to go before I was a real, card carrying curmudgeon. I am an amateur. A rookie. These guys were pros. In the time it took them to finish their coffee they had summed up the traffic woes, offered their own fixes to the medicare system and declared Obama as a pretty good kid without a clue.
There was some dissension. One of them thought another was on the wrong meds and it got pretty loud when they were talking about "Bill's" problem with going to the bathroom. This was right after Bill got up to go to the bathroom.
I also learned that they really don't give a damn about these bailouts and stimulus packages. They said they won't live long enough to pay it back anyway. As long as they still got their social security "the Kid" could do whatever he wanted. But they were sorry to see him get impeached so soon. (I think they had Obama and Blogoyavich confused)
But soon my wife found me and I had to finish my day. But as we were driving home It came to me. I am going to have to wait a long time before I learn the secret Curmudgeon handshake and get my super secret Curmudgeon de-coder ring.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Not to worry. You're making fine progress. :-)

5:49 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I, personally, have always thought that you were doing a fine job at the whole curmudgeon thing. Hang in there- it's one of those skills that just gets better with age. :)

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home