My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado, United States

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm Back

It's been some time since my last post. I really have been busy. In July I started a new job. It's a great job. I am learning a new skill and honing old skills. I am learning how to take something that is well worn or abused, take it apart and make it like new, or better. The bonus?? It's on AIRPLANES. Fancy, custom interiors on executive type airplanes.
As anyone who knows me will attest, I LOVE AIRPLANES. I flew extensively in my earlier years. I would check out an airplane and go flying just for the hell of it. Just to relax or go to lunch in a city 200 miles away. I even owned my own Cessna for a while. But, as with all of life's pleasures, it just got too expensive so I had to give it up.
My new job allows me to at least be around aircraft. Touch them. Walk around inside of them and make an old, worn out lady new again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Nothing could be more perfect for you except maybe firetrucks! You have no idea how relieved I am that you love your new job.

xoxoxo

1:39 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I agree, this job couldn't be more perfect for you. An excuse to buy new tools, an excuse to use the old ones, an excuse to spend endless amounts of time in your garage building things to "practice" a newly acquired skill or use of a new tool. Throw airplanes into the mix...sheesh! I'm surprised you ever even come home anymore!

It's nice when you have a job you don't dread going to and don't mind bringing home homework. I know the feeling.

I wish I was still young enough to participate in "Take your daughter to work day."

7:48 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

"make an old, worn out lady feel new again" - gosh, that sounds like what Don might say about me.... nicely put.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Salar37_Shushan said...

Always great when you get to do something you love to do. Congratulations!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

My other half would say th e same thing. My daddy was soloed at 9 (in 1935) and taught fighter pilots at 16 in the Army Air Corps.

I married a guy who flew me everywhere the first 3 years we were togtehr- til we had kids.

Per hour got expensive after that. Yep! He is, though, looking at getting checked out again once we hit AZ.

You two would have alot to talk about.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home